New Zealand’s men’s cricket team is all set to play England in a day-night test in Mount Maunganui. While the men are preparing for the World Cup in the T20I tri-series, the women’s cricket team is set to face Bangladesh.
New Zealand’s Men’s Cricket Team Is Ready For The Upcoming Match In Mount Maunganui
The men’s cricket team of New Zealand is ready to play England in a Test in Mount Maunganui. Furthermore, India will be a part of limited-overs in the T20I tri-series involving Pakistan, and Bangladesh. This will happen ahead of the T20 World Cup as part of their 2022-23 home seasons.
Apart from this, Sri Lanka is also set to arrive for an all-format tour. It is going to include three T20Is, three ODIs, as well as two tests. On the other hand, the women’s team of New Zealand will host Bangladesh for T20Is and ODIs in December. These matches are set to happen ahead of their T20 World Cup in South Africa in 2023.
Furthermore, from 2017 to 2018, New Zealand hosted under lights at Eden Park with England. That match saw the visitors bundled out for 58 in 20.4 overs by Tim Southee and Trent Boult. That is the first four home Tests at Wellington in the season with the second against England from February 24 to 28. These matches are followed by the two matches against Wellington (March 17 to 21) and Sri Lanka in Christchurch (March 9 to 13).
The season of New Zealand gets underway with a T20I tri-series that will involve Pakistan and Bangladesh to offer preparation for the T20 World Cup in Australia. This entire tournament is going to be held from October 7 to 14 in Christchurch. Following the World Cup, India will be against Tasman for three ODIs and three T20Is from November 18 to 30.
Apart from this, during December and January, the men’s team will be seen overseas on tours of India and Pakistan. This will happen before returning for the latter part of their home summer which will be held on April 8 with the final match (T20I) against Sri Lanka. It is also likely that the white ball matches towards the end season will clash with the IPL.
Here is New Zealand 2022-23 home schedule for your better understanding:
T20 Tri-Series Vs Bangladesh And Pakistan
- Saturday, October 8, 7 pm: T20 v Pakistan; Hagley Oval, Christchurch
- Sunday, October 9, 7 pm: T20 v Bangladesh; Hagley Oval, Christchurch
- Tuesday, October 11, 3 pm: T20 v Pakistan; Hagley Oval, Christchurch
- Wednesday, October 12, 3 pm: T20 v Bangladesh; Hagley Oval, Christchurch
- Friday, October 14, 3 pm: T20 tri-series final (if qualified); Hagley Oval, Christchurch
New Zealand Vs India
- Friday, November 18, 7.30 pm: 1st T20; Sky Stadium, Wellington
- Sunday, November 20, 7.30 pm: 2nd T20; Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui
- Tuesday, November 22, 7.30 pm: 3rd T20; McLean Park, Napier
- Friday, November 25, 2.30 pm: 1st ODI; Eden Park, Auckland
- Sunday, November 27, 2.30 pm: 2nd ODI; Seddon Park, Hamilton
- Wednesday, November 30, 2.30 pm: 3rd ODI; Hagley Oval, Christchurch
New Zealand Vs England
- Thursday, February 16 – Monday, February 20, 2 pm daily: 1st Test; Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui
- Friday, February 24 – Tuesday, February 28, 11 am daily: 2nd Test; Basin Reserve, Wellington
New Zealand Vs Sri Lanka
- Thursday, March 9 – Monday, March 13, 11 am daily: 1st Test; Hagley Oval, Christchurch
- Friday, March 17 – Tuesday, March 21, 11 am daily: 2nd Test; Basin Reserve, Wellington
- Saturday, March 25, 2 pm: 1st ODI; Eden Park, Auckland
- Tuesday, March 28, 2 pm: 2nd ODI; Hagley Oval, Christchurch
- Friday, March 31, 2 pm: 3rd ODI; Seddon Park, Hamilton
- Sunday, April 2, 1 pm: 1st T20; Eden Park, Auckland
- Wednesday, April 5, 1 pm: 2nd T20; University of Otago Oval, Dunedin
- Saturday, April 8, 1 pm: 3rd T20; John Davies Oval, Queenstown
New Zealand Women’s Team Schedule:
- New Zealand Women vs Bangladesh Women
- Friday, December 2, 7 pm: 1st T20; Hagley Oval, Christchurch
- Sunday, December 4, 2 pm: 2nd T20; University of Otago Oval, Dunedin
- Wednesday, December 7, 2 pm: 3rd T20; John Davies Oval, Queenstown
- Sunday, December 11, 11 am: 1st ODI; Basin Reserve, Wellington
- Wednesday, December 14, 2 pm: 2nd ODI; McLean Park, Napier
- Sunday, December 18, 11 am: 3rd ODI; Seddon Park, Hamilton
This year, New Zealand is all set for the tournament with the men’s and women’s cricket teams. The women’s team will play three ODIs and three T20s against Bangladesh in December.
In February, they are going to be in South Africa for the T20 World Cup. if you want to know more then stay tuned with us.
Also Read: Who Declared Retirement From International Cricket With Ms Dhoni!